f After installing Ubuntu 12.04 and selecting the proper driver for my ATI graphics card, I couldn’t get my 2 monitors to work like I wanted them to be. I got the following error: The selected configuration for displays could not be applied.
After some research I found out that you should run some progams to make the screens work properly.
Here are the steps:
1. Install the ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics driver. Do not install the post-release updates version, it didn’t work at all on my pc.
2. Restart your system.
3. Open a terminal and type: sudo amdcccle, or open ATI Catalyst Control Center (Administrative). Here you can configure your screens.
4. Update your /etc/X11/xorg.conf by running sudo aticonfig –initial
5. Restart again
6. Open System Settings -> Displays, and configure your screens again.
7. It should be working like a charm now.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Fixed: The selected configuration for displays could not be applied - Ubuntu 12.04,